“New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.” - Mark Twain
This month, we’re taking a little field trip to The Sorenson Estate. February is the month of one of our favorite celebrations, Mardi Gras, and we are using this Sunday Supper as our chance to show you what it is we love most.
This event, is a Black Tie affair. Prepare, upon arrival, for friends and loved ones to become complete strangers. Let the beguiling ensue.
As always, all the food and drink you can handle will be provided.
Here’s a little recap of the evening:
You were greeted with a Gin Fizz..a recipe we borrowed from our friends at The Barred Owl.
Throughout the dinner, you enjoyed this selction of Natural Wines from Claverach Farms:
- Arnoldofer Gewurztraminer
- Zorzal Granacha
- Vinyes Singulans Cava
Let us know if you’re interested in purchasing any of these bottles for your personal collection.
The Menu for the evening:
- Classic Beignets and Cold Press Cafe Americano with Barrel Aged Whiskey
- Oyster Po’ Boy - Black Focaccia with Black Garlic Vinaigrette and Fried Basil
- Andouille and Tasso Gumbo with Smoked Duck Broth - Anson Mills Carolina Gold Rice
- Creole BBQ Shrimp with Charred Lemons
- Okra Etouffee - Anson Mills Toasted Red Farro - Micro Sorrel
- Crawfish Boil
- Not-so-traditional King Cake - Congratulations to Ashley and to Chris for finding the Babies!
Our Vendors and Partners for the February Sunday Supper:
- A1 Party and Event Rentals
- Pretty Lil Things
- The Sorenson Estate
- MU Tiger Gardens
- The Barred Owl
- Stem to Table (Micro Greens)
- Drew Piester Photography